Qorma-E-Samaruq (Chicken and Mushroom Stew)2013-02-24
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 5m
- Cook Time : 40m
- Ready In : 45m
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onion
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 3 to 3 1/2 pound chicken, cut into serving pieces
- 1 28-oz can chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper, or 1 hot green chili
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground fennel seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- salt to taste
- 1 16-oz package mushrooms, trimmed, wiped clean and sliced
Heat the oil in a large, deep skillet or casserole, over moderate heat.
Saute the onions in the oil until golden, 3-5 minutes.
Add chicken and continue to saute, turning frequently, until chicken turns color, 10-15 minutes.
Add tomatoes, spices and salt to taste.
Stir and continue to cook over medium heat until chicken is almost done.
Add mushrooms and cook an additional 15-20 minutes, unti chicken and mushrooms are done.
Serve with challow and/or naan.
Average Member Rating
(1.8 / 5)
4 people rated this recipe