Chutni Shaftolu/Zard Olu (Peach or Apricot chutney)2012-10-23
- Yield : two 450 g jars
- Prep Time : 20m
- Cook Time : 10m
- Ready In : 48:0 h
- 1 can (820 g) peaches or apricots
- 1–2 hot green chillies, seeds removed and finely chopped
- 250 ml white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp sia dona (nigella seeds)
- 1 tbs ground ginger
- 1 tbs salt
- 2 teaspoons of cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon of red pepper flakes
Drain the peaches from the syrup in the can (which you may reserve for later use if you wish), mash them with a fork, and combine with the green chillies.
Boil the vinegar for 5 minutes, then add to it the sia dona, ginger, salt and (if wished) a little of the syrup from the peaches.
Remove the vinegar from the heat and add the peaches and chillies.
When cool, place in clean dry jars with tightly fitting lids.
Store in a cool place or in a refrigerator.
Average Member Rating
(1.3 / 5)
3 people rated this recipe